In the year of 2022, the managed services industry attained a staggering valuation, surpassing $267 billion. Enlightened businesses discerned the economic wisdom of entrusting vital business functions to external specialists, thereby liberating themselves from the burdens of an in-house workforce. However, how to choose a managed services provider (MSP) demands meticulous deliberation, accompanied by a profound investment of time, knowledge, and strategic foresight.
Within the vast expanse of MSP options, the quest for the ideal provider assumes a formidable character. In the realms of this blog post, we embark upon an exploration of the pivotal factors that warrant conscientious consideration when venturing into the realm of MSP selection.
Managed Services Selection Criteria
The establishment of precise criteria emerges as an imperative when selecting a managed services provider. It empowers discerning decision-makers to navigate the terrain of choices, making informed selections that align with their unique needs. By doing so, they shield themselves from the snares of deceitful marketing tactics or the imposition of unnecessary services.
To ensure engagement with a provider possessing the expertise to effectively oversee IT systems, the articulation of explicit selection criteria becomes paramount. Moreover, the presence of predetermined benchmarks allows for a comprehensive evaluation of different providers, granting individuals the agency to make discerning decisions grounded in their distinctive requirements and budgetary considerations. Through such transformative engagements, the path toward true emancipation from the confines of managed services is illuminated.
Questions to Ask an MSP
It’s important to ask the right questions to ask an IT MSP in the pursuit of a provider that aligns with your needs. Here are five MSP qualifying questions and guidance on how to choose a managed services provider:
- What services do you offer? The revelation of their offerings is paramount, for it unveils their capacity to meet your unique requirements. Do they render continuous network surveillance? Does their expertise extend to data backup and recovery services? Ensure that the provider delivers the services you need for a fruitful partnership.
- What is your experience tending to IT systems within my industry? Seek providers well-versed in the art of managing IT systems within your specific industry. This insight shall foster confidence in their comprehension of the distinct obstacles and demands that define your enterprise.
|Read more about managed services in our blog catalog:
- What certifications do your technicians have? Ascertain that the provider’s technicians bear certifications in relevant technologies, such as Microsoft, Cisco, or Amazon Web Services. Such certifications testify to their proficiency in skillfully navigating these technological realms.
- What criteria govern your selection of managed services vendors? You’ll want to know whether the MSP is wedded to a few select brands or if they can provide the flexibility to give you the best mix of technologies for your use case.
- What characterizes your customer service? Lastly, it behooves us to assess the provider’s customer service. Is their help desk 24/7, unfailingly attending to your needs? How swift is their responsiveness in times of trouble or when support is sought? Seek providers who prioritize customer service, earning renown for their attentiveness and aid.
Additionally, acquaint yourself with industry-specific technologies, enabling you to pose more technical queries to a qualifying MSP. This endeavor may encompass exploring industry-specific IT tools or accommodating workflows inherent to your sector.
How to Choose a Managed Security Services Provider
One thing that the uninitiated don’t often know about managed services is that IT services and cybersecurity services are sometimes offered separately. Some managed IT services providers only provide very basic cybersecurity services, requiring an additional managed security services provider (MSSP) to fill in the technology gap.
Ask about their experience managing cybersecurity threats for businesses similar to yours. Look for providers that have experience managing threats such as phishing attacks, ransomware, and malware.
Certifications can be a good indicator that a managed cybersecurity services provider has the necessary skills and expertise to manage your cybersecurity effectively. Look for providers with certifications and accreditations from standards organizations in your industry.
[sc cta_title=”Got Questions to Ask an MSP During DIscovery?” text=”Fire away!” url=”https://www.synchronet.net/” button_text=”Learn More” name=”cta_blog”][/sc]
A managed cybersecurity services provider should have the latest technology and tools to manage your cybersecurity effectively. Ask about the technology and tools they use to manage cybersecurity, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and antivirus software.
SynchroNet Is Ready to Answer All Your MSP Qualifying Questions
Choosing the right managed IT services provider is critical for the success of your business. At SynchroNet, we understand the importance of selecting a provider that meets your specific needs.
With our experience managing IT systems for businesses across a range of industries, we have the expertise to help your business succeed. Our team of certified technicians uses the latest technologies and tools to manage your IT systems proactively and ensure that your business stays protected from cybersecurity threats.
We prioritize customer service and provide 24/7 support to ensure that your business stays up and running. With SynchroNet as your managed IT services provider, you can focus on growing your business while we take care of your IT needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business succeed.